Saturday, February 26, 2011

God Destroys Nations?

 

“The Lord your God is the One who will cross ahead of you. He will destroy these nations before you, and you will drive them out. Joshua is the one who will cross ahead of you, as the Lord has said.”

Deuteronomy 31:3

The unbelievable foolishness of not recognizing God as the Supreme being in all existence is hard for me to grasp.  God is not some nebulous force that floats out there somewhere.  He is living and active and has been, over the centuries involved even in the destruction of nations. 

Since God is the same yesterday and today and forever would it not be reasonable to assume that God Himself might be materially involved in bringing down a nation that has turned away from Him?

Jesus restored the sight of the blind, but He also blinded the eyes of those who could see.  For example, when He was about to be stoned and He walked right through the crowd and escaped their untimely intent.  The problem with the United States today can be almost totally attributed to blindness.  Our leaders can’t see the danger that lurks just ahead.  Even the most educated of them are oblivious to the terminal danger that will overtake us in the days just ahead if we don’t drastically change course.

The personal lesson for me is this:  I must pray that God will open my eyes  to see that which I can’t see because of my own blindness.

“Lord open my eyes and let me see again the path you want me walking today.  Let me see the danger and hear Your voice of warning and direction.  Let each step I take be one closer to Your heart.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment