Saturday, February 5, 2011

God With Us!

Then I heard a loud voice from the throne:
Look! God's dwelling is with humanity,
and He will live with them.
They will be His people,
and God Himself will be with them
and be their God.

Revelation 21:3

The most amazing thing about this verse is that it says God will be with us instead of we will be with God. It is a good thing when a man fellowships with God, but it is a good thing from God's point of view when He can fellowship with me.

In a relationship of fellowship there is complexity of sharing. Each side gives and receives, but may only be aware of receiving. The giving part of the relationship is usually an outpouring in response to what is being or will be received. You stand amazed that One who can meet out such immense blessings is willing to focus on you! So why do I even need to be aware of the blessings God receives from human beings who love Him? It is because the greatest times of temptation come when I feel no blessings from God. In a human relationship the knowledge that I am blessing the other person is essential during times when the communication of fellowship is hindered. It is then that I remain true to the relationship without the normal nurturing.

Believe it or not, God wants, desires and even needs you! I do not understand that reality because I am but human, but I know that God is seeking my heart to be close to His.

No comments:

Post a Comment