Friday, February 4, 2011

He Speaks My Name!

A sharp sword came from His mouth, so that He might strike the nations with it. He will shepherd them with an iron scepter. He will also trample the winepress of the fierce anger of God, the Almighty.

Revelation 19:15

Do you remember the old saying “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me?” Frankly, it is completely backwards from reality. The truth is: “Sticks and stones can only break my bones, but words can totally destroy me.”

Words do their work deep inside the human heart. Hurtful words fester and poison the heart, but loving words heal and bring strength and extended life to any man or woman who hears them.

When Jesus goes to war His sword comes right out of His mouth. What is more powerful than God’s Word? The Word of God can create form out of void, beauty out of ashes, and life from death. The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. If Jesus speaks a Word on my behalf I am swept into the eternal Glory of the presence of Almighty God. If Jesus speaks a Word of denial directed at me I am forever lost in the abyss of Hell.

“Dear Lord, all I ask today is that You speak my name with love in Your heart. Lord, help me never to speak Your Name without total honor, praise, glory and love in my heart for You. Your greatest blessing to any man or woman is when you speak his or her name with Love! You uttered the existence of light and it was so. When you speak my name the whole Cosmos pays attention.”

Listen today for the voice of God speaking your name!

No comments:

Post a Comment