Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Everything I Need!

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.”

Matthew 6:33

God promises food and clothing to those who seek His kingdom first as well as His righteousness. I need to think about that promise more. So many people spend their lives trying to provide food and clothing and then laying up treasures beyond that. The life philosophy of the world can be simple stated in the somewhat satirical sentence: "When this life is over the one who has the most toys wins."

If I am seeking God's kingdom and righteousness first in my life I will seem rather strange to those who are not. As I go after God's kingdom I will work to encourage, enlarge and otherwise benefit the kingdom. As I seek His righteousness in my life I will run every proposed thought and action through the filter of God's Word.

I will be consumed with knowing the One who died for me. I will come to trust Him daily for everything I need. As a child of God I will depend on Him for everything and know with great certainty that He will never forsake me!
Every contrary thought to the provision of God is step one in sin! I need never question His faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment