Thursday, June 7, 2012

Evangelism of Love!

Listen to this blog.

Father, I don't ask you to take my followers out of the world, but keep them safe from the evil one. They don't belong to this world, and neither do I.  Your word is the truth. So let this truth make them completely yours.  I am sending them into the world, just as you sent me.

I have given myself completely for their sake, so they may belong completely to the truth.
I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me.

I want all of them to be one with each other, just as I am one with you and you are one with me. I also want them to be one with us. Then the people of this world will believe that you sent me.

I have honored my followers in the same way you honored me, in order that they may be one with each other, just as we are one.

I am one with them, and you are one with me, so they may become completely one. Then this world's people will know that you sent me. They will know that you love my followers as much as you love me.

John 17:15-23

These verses provide the most amazing glimpse into the purpose of God for His people.  Some have declared that our purpose is to bring Glory to God, and of course it is, but Jesus said that we are to be "one" with each other and "one" with God.  

When you ponder that thought at all you quickly come to a place that is too wonderful for us to imagine.  The most amazing relationship on this earth is the oneness of a man and woman in marriage.  It is a glorious mystery that is God's gift to all who would receive it.  Being one with God Almighty is too marvelous, but that is what Jesus said we will be.

Then Jesus says that the world will come to believe in Him because we are completely one with each other.  It is the most effective evangelistic technique ever conceived.  When people in this world see the followers of Jesus loving each other they find it hard to not believe that this is from God!  

The opposite is true as well.  Whenever brothers in Christ are not one that message quickly impacts the world around them.  It is a denial of Jesus when we are not united in love.  

So in order to proclaim Jesus to the world we must tear down every wall that separates those who believe in Jesus.  Let nothing come in between you and another believer.  When the world sees the Love of Jesus flowing between brothers they will ask us to tell them about it.  The Love of Jesus is what everyone on earth is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment