Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Joy Will Come!

Listen to this blog.

Jesus knew they had some questions, so he said:  You are wondering what I meant when I said that for a little while you won't see me, but after a while you will see me.

I tell you for certain that you will cry and be sad, but the world will be happy. You will be sad, but later you will be happy.

When a woman is about to give birth, she is in great pain. But after it is all over, she forgets the pain and is happy, because she has brought a child into the world.  You are now very sad. But later I will see you, and you will be so happy that no one will be able to change the way you feel.

John 16:19-22

Jesus says that the sufferings we have in this life can be like the birth pains a woman has before a child is born. I had heard about birth pains, but I had no idea how bad they could be until just before my oldest child was born. For a short time I frankly didn't care about the baby that was on the way because my wife was in such pain. But as quickly as the pains came they left when the baby was born and the glory of a new life arrived!

The time before the Lord returns will be a time of birth pains. It will be suffering like never before and no one can probably imagine how bad it may be. But then for those who love Jesus the pain will stop when the Lord returns. His glorious arrival will mark the end of pain and suffering for all those who have given themselves to Him and call Jesus, Lord!

But for those who have rejected Jesus, His return will not be the end of suffering, it will rather be the beginning of eternal pain!

So if you, as a follower of Jesus are preparing for bad times don't forget that they are simply the birth pains and that Glory will follow forever. The joy will come be ready to receive it!

No comments:

Post a Comment