Friday, August 17, 2012

Don’t Scratch Your Ears!

Click here to listen to blog.

The time is coming when people won't listen to good teaching. Instead, they will look for teachers who will please them by telling them only what they are itching to hear.  They will turn from the truth and eagerly listen to senseless stories.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

It is sad but true that many people spend their lives seeking to be taught things they already believe. It is simply the process of confirming that your life is on the right track, whether or not it really is. Seeking false teachers who deliver messages for "itching ears" is the way all prejudices are sustained.

But when you are confronted with TRUTH your prejudices are attacked by the reality of God. The truth of God attacks the lies that we hear from others or even tell ourselves. In fact, the lies I tell myself are the most difficult. I usually lie to myself about my real motives for an action and of course about the seriousness of my own sin.

When you read the Bible are you looking to confirm things you already believe, and that is not a bad thing, or are you looking to discover the Truth of God that has not yet entered your mind?

Please understand that I am not saying that it is wrong to confirm the truth you already know. But, swimming in the ocean of yet to be discovered reality is an adventure that leads you right to the Throne of God!

"Lord, give me the strength to ignore my itching ears and those who would tell me lies and declare that they are truth. And Lord, give me the courage to jump into the ocean of Your Truth and drown in the knowledge of You. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment