Friday, August 3, 2012

One Bite at a Time!

Click Here to listen to blog.

Johanan, Jezaniah, the other army officers, and everyone else in the group, came to me and said, “Please pray to the Lord your God for us. Judah used to have many people, but as you can see, only a few of us are left.

Ask the Lord to tell us where he wants us to go and what he wants us to do.”

“All right,” I answered, “I will pray to the Lord your God, and I will tell you everything he says.”

They answered, “The Lord himself will be our witness that we promise to do whatever he says, even if it isn't what we want to do. We will obey the Lord so that all will go well for us.”

Jeremiah 42:1-6

How many times in your life have you prayed these words: "Lord, where do you want me to go and what do you want me to do?" In this scripture Jeremiah prayed for the rest of the group and they promised that they would obey the Lord even if it was an answer they did not like!

When we hear testimonies of answered prayer it is almost always the answers that we like. Those are the ones that get us excited and we want to tell others about it. Who wants to stand up and tell everyone about the answers to prayer that go against our own understanding and will? But those answers to prayer are the paths we would never have discovered on our own because we don't like them.

Like little children who don't want to eat their spinach we sometimes gag and spit out God's will for our lives. I think, to God, I may look like the child who has his food smeared all over his face with much of it also on the floor. We often refuse to accept God's will because we don't understand it. But never forget that the will of an Infinite God may never be within the range of my understanding.

"Lord, help me to develop a taste for Your will in my life. I confess again that my flesh and my will fight against what You want for me. Be patient with me Lord and help me to embrace Your answers to my prayers one bite at a time. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment