Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Right Tool

Click here to listen to blog.

The angel who explained the visions woke me from what seemed like sleep.

Then he asked, “What do you see?”
“A solid gold lampstand with an oil container above it,” I answered. “On the stand are seven lamps, each with seven flames. One olive tree is on the right side and another on the left of the oil container.

But, sir, what do these mean?”

Then he asked, “Don't you know?”
“No sir,” I replied.

So the angel explained that it was the following message of the [Lord] to Zerubbabel: I am the [Lord] All-Powerful. So don't depend on your own power or strength, but on my Spirit.

Zechariah 4:1-6

When you use the right tool a difficult, frustrating and seemingly impossible job can seem very simple.

One of my sons is a mechanic. He has lots of tools. Watching him work is really quite interesting and enjoyable as I see him use a tool specifically designed for the job he is trying to accomplish. With the right tool the impossible becomes quite easy.

Navigating through this life without the help of the Spirit of God is like trying to change the oil in a car without a wrench. You can try to turn the oil drain plug with your fingers, non stop for a week and it will not move. But with the proper wrench a good counter-clock-wise pull and it comes out!

Are you trying to live and maintain your life without the help of the Spirit of God? You may be busy in the effort and even look like someone who has been working hard at the task, but without God nothing of any value will be done.

"Lord, show me today how I am trying to depend on my own strength and power instead of Your Spirit. Then Lord, help me today to stand back and watch You work. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment