Monday, February 22, 2016

The Resurrection is Personal!



Click here to listen to blog 

Very early on the first day of the week, after Jesus had risen to life, he appeared to Mary Magdalene. Earlier he had forced seven demons out of her.  She left and told his friends, who were crying and mourning.   Even though they heard that Jesus was alive and that Mary had seen him, they would not believe it.

Mark 16:9-11 

Seven demons controlled the life of Mary Magdalene until Jesus made them leave. She was not a role model for young girls until she met Jesus and received the power to live a life free from the influences of Satan. 

Mary and two other women had already seen the empty tomb, but she had not seen Jesus. Then Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene and gave her first hand proof that He was indeed alive and not still dead!  When she told the other disciples that Jesus was alive and that she had seen Him, they would not believe it! 

The significance of the Resurrection of Jesus cannot be stated in simple terms, it is too profound by far, but this I know. If I follow Jesus Christ and give my life to Him, He will not only send His Holy Spirit to live in me, but after I die, I will be raised even as Jesus was! 

When Jesus died the world thought that He was defeated, and when you die men will think that you are "finished." For me the Resurrection of Jesus is personal. It is a personal reminder that I too will live again, and this time I will never again meet death! 

"Lord Jesus, thank You for Your Resurrection and the hope that even if I die before You return, I will also be raised to live forever with You, my Lord and Savior. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment