Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Concerns of Jesus!





Click here to listen to blog

God is working in you to make you willing and able to obey him. Do everything without grumbling or arguing. Then you will be the pure and innocent children of God. You live among people who are crooked and evil, but you must not do anything that they can say is wrong. Try to shine as lights among the people of this world, as you hold firmly to the message that gives life. Then on the day when Christ returns, I can take pride in you. I can also know that my work and efforts were not useless. Your faith in the Lord and your service are like a sacrifice offered to him. And my own blood may have to be poured out with the sacrifice. If this happens, I will be glad and rejoice with you. In the same way, you should be glad and rejoice with me.  I want to be encouraged by news about you. So I hope the Lord Jesus will soon let me send Timothy to you. I don't have anyone else who cares about you as much as he does. The others think only about what interests them and not about what concerns Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2: 13 - 22

When you pray do you tell God what you want or do you ask Jesus what He wants for you to do with your life?  Life is like a maze through which every man and woman must walk!  We cannot see beyond the next turn in the road.  But Jesus who sits high above can see the whole picture and knows the best thing for us to do at every moment!

Remember though, that your happiness, peace and security here on earth are rarely, if ever the goal that Jesus has for your life.  Jesus knows the end of your story will, as He has promised bring you safely to Heaven in the end.  So, in truth it doesn’t matter how difficult the road you travel in this life.  Even if you were to lose your life in the service of fulling the desires of Jesus, you will be eternally blessed for it!  

So today, as you pray, ask Jesus to show you what His purpose for this day is and how you can be part of fulfilling that purpose!


“Lord Jesus, I want to be about what concerns You today!  Every moment of this day show me how I can be used to accomplish Your goals.  And may You, Jesus be praised for ever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment