Monday, October 17, 2016

He Did it Again!





Then I was told: These words are true and can be trusted. The Lord God controls the spirits of his prophets, and he is the one who sent his angel to show his servants what must happen right away.  Remember, I am coming soon! God will bless everyone who pays attention to the message of this book.  

My name is John, and I am the one who heard and saw these things. Then after I had heard and seen all this, I knelt down and began to worship at the feet of the angel who had shown it to me.  But the angel said, Don't do that! I am a servant, just like you. I am the same as a follower or a prophet or anyone else who obeys what is written in this book. God is the one you should worship.

Revelation 22: 6 - 9

John did it again!  This was the second time that John got down on his knees and began to worship the angel.  The first time the angel told him not to do it, but John was so overwhelmed by the message sent from Heaven that he once again began to worship the angel! 

If you don’t believe there can be a strong temptation to worship the messenger, just ask the Apostle John!  He did it twice!  

John’s example is clear.  Just because you have been convicted by the Holy Spirit of doing something that God doesn’t want you to do, it doesn’t mean that you will not be tempted to do that same thing again!  

The problem with the human race only began with the first sin!  Since then, every person ever born has willingly joined Adam and Eve in rebelling against the Will of God repeatedly!  Never assume that being once convicted of a sin will mean that you will not be tempted to do that same thing again!


“Lord Jesus, help me today to stand strong against the sin that is so easy to repeat in my life!  Strengthen me by Your power in me to walk always according to Your will and worship only You, my Lord and my God.  Amen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment