Saturday, December 24, 2016

Easy Access to My Heart!



Click here to listen to blog

Isaiah the prophet wrote about John when he said, "In the desert someone is shouting, 'Get the road ready for the Lord! Make a straight path for him.  Fill up every valley and level every mountain and hill. Straighten the crooked paths and smooth out the rough roads.  Then everyone will see the saving power of God.' "

Isaiah 40: 4 - 6

What was John the Baptist talking about when he declared that we should “Get the road ready for the Lord!” and “Make a straight path for him?” Frankly, I have never really thought about what John said and considered that it would apply to my life!  

There are many things, over which I have control that get in the way of God having His way with me!  If I am serious about wanting Jesus to be my Lord and Savior then I will do everything I can do to clear the path for Him to have His Way with me!  

What will happen when I “Fill up every valley and level every mountain and hill?”  What difference will it make when I “Straighten the crooked paths and smooth out the rough roads?”  Well, you see, then I and everyone else will see the saving power of God!  

Perhaps, another way of saying it would be this.  Give Jesus easy access to your heart and let Him be the captain of your ship!  When you do, you and everyone around you will be blessed!

“Lord Jesus, help me today to make it easy for You to get to my heart!  And may You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment