Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Buy God's Gold!




Buy your gold from me. It has been refined in a fire, and it will make you rich. Buy white clothes from me. Wear them and you can cover up your shameful nakedness. Buy medicine for your eyes, so that you will be able to see.  I correct and punish everyone I love. So make up your minds to turn away from your sins.  Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.

Revelation 3: 18 - 20
  
You don’t have to listen to American television very long until you will hear a commercial encouraging you to buy gold.  They don’t claim that buying gold will make you rich, but they say it is the best thing to have when “hard times” come!

Only three chapters into the book of Revelation you will read God’s commercial about buying gold!  He wants you to buy your gold from Him.  God says that His gold will make you rich!  And, of course God’s Gold is what you should have when times get hard.  These verses in Revelation 3 also encourage us to buy white clothes and medicine for our eyes from God.  

So after you have been corrected and even punished by God and you decided to turn away from your sins, you will hear a knock at your door!  That would be Jesus, who not only knocks on your door, but also calls out to you.  Then, when you open the door, Jesus will come in and eat with you! 

When Jesus dines with you, it will be the most Glorious meal this side of the marriage supper of the Lamb.  Like He did with the loaves and fish as well as the water He turned to wine, Jesus will transform everything you serve Him into a grand gourmet experience! 

My job is to buy God’s Gold and turn away from my sins.  Then I must listen for the knock and open the door!  


“Lord Jesus, help me today to be ready for Your knock on my door!  Transform me into exactly the person You created me to be!  Praise Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment