Friday, December 29, 2017

Think About How God Feels!




The Lord has said: "These people praise me with their words, but they never really think about me. They worship me by repeating rules made up by humans.  So once again I will do things that shock and amaze them, and I will destroy the wisdom of those who claim to know and understand."  You are in for trouble, if you try to hide your plans from the LORD! Or if you think what you do in the dark can't be seen.  You have it all backwards. A clay dish doesn't say to the potter, "You didn't make me. You don't even know how."  Soon the forest of Lebanon will become a field with crops, thick as a forest.  The deaf will be able to hear whatever is read to them; the blind will be freed from a life of darkness.  The poor and the needy will celebrate and shout because of the LORD, the holy God of Israel.  All who are cruel and arrogant will be gone forever. Those who live by crime will disappear, together with everyone who tells lies in court and keeps innocent people from getting a fair trial.

Isaiah 29: 13 - 21

Do you praise God with your words, but never really think about Him? It is awesome to praise God for His Majesty and Power and all the other amazing attributes of God, but have you ever pondered how God feels about what is happening on the earth?  

As a father myself, I know that what my children do or don’t do can bring joy to my heart or tears to my eyes.  I wish I could resolve every issue that my children have.  God has declared Himself to be our Father in Heaven, and as the Father, He must feel our pain and sorrows as well as our joy!

When you worship God, don’t just think about all the might and grandeur of the Father, but also think about His love and how He sacrificed His Son Jesus for your sake and mine!  Think about how you can fill the Heart of God with Joy by obeying every Word He has spoken!


“Lord Jesus, help me today to think about God and how He feels and not just praise Him with words!  But I do Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment