Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Jasmine Believers!



Click here to listen to blog

I am grateful that God always makes it possible for Christ to lead us to victory. God also helps us spread the knowledge about Christ everywhere, and this knowledge is like the smell of perfume.  In fact, God thinks of us as a perfume that brings Christ to everyone. For people who are being saved, this perfume has a sweet smell and leads them to a better life. But for people who are lost, it has a bad smell and leads them to a horrible death. No one really has what it takes to do this work.  A lot of people try to get rich from preaching God's message. But we are God's sincere messengers, and by the power of Christ we speak our message with God as our witness.

2 Corinthians 2: 14 - 17

Do you have a favorite aroma or smell?  Maybe it is a meal your mother prepared when you were a child.  Or perhaps you like the fresh odor after a warm summer rain.  I think for me it is the fragrance of a Jasmine flower.  When I smell Jasmine my mind goes far away and long ago when my wife and  I and our oldest daughter lived for a time in Asia. 

When God created the Jasmine aroma, He must have been very pleased with it and knew that men and women would like it as well! 

Men fear the loss of senses like hearing or sight, but if you lost your sense of smell you would suffer as well. 

Did you know that a man or woman filled with the Holy Spirit and living a life that is Glorifying to God has a strong aroma coming from their life?  For other followers of Jesus that smell is wonderful and beautiful, but for those who are lost the smell is bad.  That is why you should not be surprised if those who don't know Jesus persecute the people who do know Him!  

And you should be concerned if no one is offended by your faith!

"Lord Jesus, I do not desire that my life offend anyone, but give me the courage not to deny my relationship with You to make peace with the world around me.  Praise Your Holy and Precious Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment