Tuesday, January 16, 2018

This is Not a Drill!




If I live, it will be for Christ, and if I die, I will gain even more.   I don't know what to choose. I could keep on living and doing something useful.   It is a hard choice to make. I want to die and be with Christ, because that would be much better.   But I know that all of you still need me. That's why I am sure I will stay on to help you grow and be happy in your faith.


Philippians 1: 21 - 24

For 38 minutes the citizens of Hawaii thought that they were under a nuclear attack!  The false alarm message plainly told them that "This is not a drill!"  The error induced panic across the state and serious concern around the world!  There was no missile headed for Hawaii, but everyone became painfully aware that if it had not been a false alarm at least thousands of people would have been killed, because there was no credible plan.  Quite simply, no one believed that such a thing could actually happen and so they were not prepared.

When the End of the World comes it will be the same!  Most people do not believe that such a thing is going to happen and have not made preparations for it.  Whether or not you will be here when the End of the World happens, only God knows.  But you will be here when the end of your life arrives and you breathe your last lung full of air!  Have you made plans for that Day?

The only way to be ready for the Day you leave this earth is to know the One who created you and order your life according to His Will.  Simply put, it is God's Will that you make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today and trust in His Blood to take away your sins so that you can live with Him forever!  Then for you, like the Apostle Paul it will be better for you to pass from this life and come into the presence of Jesus for all Eternity!

"Lord Jesus, make me ready for Your return or my departure from this life, which ever one comes first.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment