Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Even My Heart




Click here to listen to blog

God did not turn his back on his chosen people. Don't you remember reading in the Scriptures how Elijah complained to God about the people of Israel?  He said, "Lord, they killed your prophets and destroyed your altars. I am the only one left, and now they want to kill me."  But the Lord told Elijah, "I still have seven thousand followers who have not worshiped Baal."

Romans 11:2-4

Elijah looked around at the people of Israel and saw no one who followed God!  He was really discouraged.  

But when God looked at that same group of people, He saw 7000 who were still faithful!  The Bible says that God looks at a man’s heart. We do not have the ability to do that.  

We can ask God to show us what He sees in a man’s heart.  How many times have you discovered that a man you thought you knew well was not pure in his heart?  

The truth is that we not only deceive each other about the condition of our hearts, but we also deceive  ourselves!  

Ask the Lord to let you see other men as He sees them.  But even more importantly, ask Him to let you see your own heart as He sees it!  

God is the only one who can really see what is going on in a man’s heart.  Jesus is the only one, through His Blood on the Cross, who can make your heart new and clean forever!  

“Lord Jesus, I can’t trust what I see, but I can trust everything You see to be completely and totally true!  Lord, let me see hearts as You see them, even my heart Lord.  May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever.  Amen.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment