Saturday, December 28, 2019

FEAR AND FAITH



CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO BLOG

That evening, Jesus said to his disciples, “Let's cross to the east side.”  So they left the crowd, and his disciples started across the lake with him in the boat. Some other boats followed along.  Suddenly a storm struck the lake. Waves started splashing into the boat, and it was about to sink.  Jesus was in the back of the boat with his head on a pillow, and he was asleep. His disciples woke him and said, “Teacher, don't you care that we're about to drown?”  Jesus got up and ordered the wind and the waves to be quiet. The wind stopped, and everything was calm.  Jesus asked his disciples, “Why were you afraid? Don't you have any faith?”  Now they were more afraid than ever and said to each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”

Mark 4:35-41 - CEV

The disciples of Jesus were afraid of the storm and then they were afraid of the Lord!  When Jesus commanded the storm to stop, His followers saw that Jesus had more power than the storm did!  That made them afraid of Him!

Even as followers of Jesus today, we are amazed that Jesus can heal the sick and intervene in life situations that concern and trouble us.  But, if we were to see the overwhelming power of God work in the world around us and even the heavens above us we too might fear as the disciples did!

God is "Almighty!"  That means that there is nothing too hard for Him to accomplish.  There is nothing too big for Him to move.   Everything in all the Cosmos is subject to His power and will!  

When I was a child I believed that my father could do anything!  A child with a loving father always believes that.  Now that I myself am a father and even a grandfather, I know that I was wrong about my earthly father.  He did love me, but he could not do anything he wanted to.  But, I am not wrong about my Heavenly Father!  God can do everything I thought my earthly father could do and so much more!  

The Devil tries to destroy earthly fathers so that their children will not know what Jesus is really like!  It is harder to love your Heavenly Father if you hate your earthly one!

"Lord Jesus, give me the Faith to believe that You can do anything and everything that needs to be done.  May I be at Peace in all the storms of life!  Praise Your Holy and Righteous Name, now and forever. Amen!"








No comments:

Post a Comment