Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Your Damascus Road




Click here to listen to blog

About noon I saw a light brighter than the sun. It flashed from heaven on me and on everyone traveling with me.  We all fell to the ground. Then I heard a voice say to me in Aramaic, “Saul, Saul, why are you so cruel to me? It's foolish to fight against me!”  “Who are you?” I asked. Then the Lord answered, “I am Jesus! I am the one you are so cruel to.  Now stand up. I have appeared to you, because I have chosen you to be my servant. You are to tell others what you have learned about me and what I will show you later.”  The Lord also said, “I will protect you from the Jews and from the Gentiles that I am sending you to.  I want you to open their eyes, so they will turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then their sins will be forgiven, and by faith in me they will become part of God's holy people.” 

Acts 26:13-18 - CEV

When Jesus appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus, the light was so bright that Saul became blind to the world around him.  

After Jesus rose from the grave He appeared only to those who would tell others about Him! (Acts 10:38-41)  When a man or woman sees the resurrected Christ, he or she has a story to tell!  And what a story it is!  It is the story of light overcoming the darkness!  It is the story of life doing away with death!  The story of Jesus on earth began in Bethlehem the night that He was born, and it will not end until He returns and takes His people home!  

When Jesus shows Himself to you, you will be blinded by the Light!  Like Saul whose name was changed to Paul, the purpose of your life will change!  Instead of running after the things that "light up your life," you will seek to reflect the light of Jesus to everyone you meet.  

The story of Charlie is real.  Charlie mentioned Jesus to everyone he met.  I heard his grandson tell me that once Charlie saw a man high up on a ladder as the man worked.  Charlie called out to the man and asked "Do you know Jesus?"  The man said "yes" and Charlie shouted a word of approval and walked away! Charlie is now with Jesus in Eternity after spending more than 90 years on this earth telling others about the Light of Christ!

In a sense, all Christians have a "Road to Damascus Moment" when Jesus shows Himself to them and calls them to tell others about Him!  If you have not yet seen Jesus, ask Him to show Himself to you today!

"Lord Jesus, give me the courage to tell everyone I meet today about You!  May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment