Thursday, February 16, 2012

God Knows My Steps!

Listen to this blog.

I am the Lord God. I created the heavens
like an open tent above.
I made the earth and everything
that grows on it.
I am the source of life
for all who live on this earth,
so listen to what I say.

I chose you to bring justice, and I am here at your side.
I selected and sent you to bring light
and my promise of hope
to the nations.

You will give sight to the blind;
you will set prisoners free
from dark dungeons.

My name is the Lord! I won’t let idols or humans
share my glory and praise.

Everything has happened just as I said it would;
now I will announce
what will happen next.

Isaiah 42:5-9

 

The Word of God makes perfect sense of the past and perfectly predicts the future. The "All-Knowing" quality of God is really difficult to grasp from our human vantage point.

God knows whether there will be peace or war. He knows every earthquake that rattles the earth before the first shake. God knows an all inclusive EVERYTHING! In the chaos of today's world God knows what will happen next. He knows who will win an election and He knows whether or not the economy of the world will continue or collapse.

God also knows my heart. He knows if I am being truthful even to myself.  There is nothing that has ever been or will ever be that goes beyond the knowledge of God Almighty!  So if you want to know what is going to happen next in the world or in your life, ask God and listen for His answer! 

"Lord, I spend so much of my time wondering and speculating about things that You know perfectly well.  Forgive me for depending on the wisdom of men and my own understanding rather than depending on You and Your Word!  Please Lord, don't drown me in knowledge that is too great for me to know, but give me a glimpse of this day that I may praise and honor You for knowing my steps before I take them."

No comments:

Post a Comment