Friday, February 17, 2012

I Can’t Imagine!

Listen to this blog.

The Lord said: It isn’t too late.
You can still return to me
with all your heart.


Start crying and mourning!
Go without eating.



Don’t rip your clothes to show your sorrow.
Instead, turn back to me
with broken hearts.


I am merciful, kind, and caring.
I don’t easily lose my temper,
and I don’t like to punish.



I am the Lord your God. Perhaps I will change my mind
and treat you with mercy.


Then you will be blessed
with enough grain and wine
for offering sacrifices to me.



Joel 2:12-14


There has never been a man or woman who turns to the Lord with all their heart only to hear Him say, "I'm sorry, but it is too late!"  We see so many people who are living in direct rebellion to God and His Word and think that there is no hope of repentance.  We can't imagine the most wicked turning their hearts to Jesus.  But God can do what we can't imagine.
As long as their is life, there is hope!   The thief on the cross next to Jesus had no hope when the nails were driven into his hands, but he cried out to Jesus and that same day was with Him in Paradise!
Satan has a message for the man who is ready to repent and turn to Jesus.  The Evil One says "wait until the last minute, then turn to Jesus just before you die!"  If that temptation is enticing, it is because you are still in love with the world, and you long to stay in it as long as possible.
"Lord show me clearly that the world in which I live is a sewer and there is nothing here worth holding on to for one second longer.  Give me the courage to turn my heart to you right now and let go of everything in this world that pulls my heart away from You.  Then Lord, show me today things that I can't imagine."

No comments:

Post a Comment