Friday, October 24, 2014

“Wherever I Am”

Click here to listen to blog

I have honored my followers in the same way you honored me, in order that they may be one with each other, just as we are one.  I am one with them, and you are one with me, so they may become completely one. Then this world's people will know that you sent me. They will know that you love my followers as much as you love me.

Father, I want everyone you have given me to be with me, wherever I am. Then they will see the glory you have given me, because you loved me before the world was created.  Good Father, the people of this world don't know you. But I know you, and my followers know that you sent me.  I told them what you are like, and I will tell them even more. Then the love you have for me will become part of them, and I will be one with them.

John 17:22-26

Real love is certainly present when you are more concerned about the desires of the object of your love than you are about your own. What you want takes second place to the longings of your loved one. That is the "secret" of a long and lasting marriage.

These verses in John 17 reveal the desires of the heart of Jesus! Jesus wants you to be with Him wherever He is! So when you truly begin to love Jesus you will seek to be with Him because that is what He wants, not because you want to avoid Hell and enjoy the pleasantries of Heaven. And when you are with Jesus, you will see His glory!


At that point your "relationship" with the Son of God begins to dominate everything in your life. He is what you think about and talk about more than anything else. For you,Jesus is the answer to every question and the solution to every problem. If there is a moment when you don't feel His presence, you drop whatever you are doing and seek Him again. Your day becomes nothing more than being with Jesus or seeking to be with Him!


And because Jesus loves you, He seeks to fulfill the desires of your heart. The power of you and Jesus loving each other and seeking to be with each other is beyond anyone's imagination!


"Lord Jesus, I want to be with You today, and I want You to be with me! And may I praise Your Holy Name forever and ever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment