Thursday, October 23, 2014

Your Wants and His Will!

Click here to listen to blog

I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father.   Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father.   I will do whatever you ask me to do.

John 14:12-14

If you are a follower of Jesus and don't feel at least a little bewildered by these words you must not have heard what He said! He said, "I will do whatever you ask me to do." And He also said that if we have faith we will do the same things He did. But what about the miracles? Does this mean that every Christian will "heal the sick and raise the dead?"


Here is the simple answer to that profound question. The work that Jesus did was to walk daily in the will of God! Whatever God wanted for today is what Jesus did. If that meant walking on water or raising Lazarus from the dead, that is what Jesus did. If walking in the will of God meant working with His earthly father as a carpenter then that is what Jesus did.


But what about the part where Jesus said I will do whatever you ask me to do? What "on earth" does that mean? It means that if you are walking in the will of God like Jesus did, and there is something that you need in that walk, just ask Jesus and He will do it! It doesn't matter what it is. It may be healing the sick, raising the dead or walking on water. But it also could mean that you simply need a time to "get away" and be alone with God like Jesus often did.


So if you are being led by the Holy Spirit and walking in the light of His Word as you respond each moment to His will for your life, you can ask for "anything you want" and He will do it! At that point your wants and His will, will be one and the same! That is the powerful, victorious life you were promised!


"Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I will only want the things that are Your will for my life! And I thank You in advance for Your great and mighty power which I will see all around me today! Praise Your Name forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment