Sunday, October 12, 2014

Your Response is Not My Job!

Click here to listen to blog

The Lord said, “Ezekiel, son of man, I want you to stand up and listen.”  After he said this, his Spirit took control of me and lifted me to my feet. Then the Lord said:

Ezekiel, I am sending you to the people of Israel. They are just like their ancestors who rebelled against me and refused to stop. They are stubborn and hardheaded. But I, the Lord God, have chosen you to tell them what I say. Those rebels may not even listen, but at least they will know that a prophet has come to them.

Don't be afraid of them or of anything they say. You may think you're in the middle of a thorn patch or a bunch of scorpions. But be brave and preach my message to them, whether they choose to listen or not.

Ezekiel 2:1-7

My job is to see that all men have heard the message that comes from God. The numbers of those who turn their hearts to Jesus is not my responsibility. I cannot take credit if many thousands of people turn to Him, and I cannot be blamed if they all refuse the Good News of Jesus.


Satan whispers in my ear, "Don't tell that man about Jesus, because he won't respond anyway!" And so I refuse to proclaim the message of Jesus to those who "probably" will reject Him.


Some preach a message that focuses on the mercy and love of God and leave out the part about repenting of your sins! Others proclaim a message that ignores the Cross and the cross that followers of Jesus must bear as well. It is all an attempt to increase the numbers of those who "respond" to the Gospel. But the truth is that those who "come to Christ" based on a watered down and non life changing Gospel will not remain when times get hard!


So, tell everyone the message of Jesus. And tell the whole message of the Gospel. Proclaim the parts that are sweet and wonderful and the parts about suffering and pain that all followers of Jesus will experience. Once you have planted that seed, then move on to plant the same seed in another heart! Just like seeds in the ground God will make them grow.


"Lord Jesus, help me to clearly proclaim Your Gospel to everyone around me. Give me the courage to tell others the whole life changing message. And, may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment