Thursday, February 19, 2015

Homesick for Heaven!

 

Click here to listen to blog

I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and so had the sea.   Then I saw New Jerusalem, the holy city, coming down from God in heaven. It was like a bride dressed in her wedding gown and ready to meet her husband.   I heard a loud voice shout from the throne:God's home is now with his people. He will live with them, and they will be his own. Yes, God will make his home among his people.   He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.

Revelation 21:1-4

The first week at summer camp seemed bearable, but the thought of a second week away from home was almost more than I could imagine. As a child, being away from home and away from my parents just seemed more than I could bear. I was definitely "homesick."

When you are homesick you think about how wonderful it would be if you were only back home. You imagine the comforts of home compared to the difficulties of being away from those who love you the best. Children are not the only ones who get homesick. For me it only takes a couple of weeks of "vacation" before I am ready to return to my "normal routine" at home.

As a follower of Jesus Christ are you "Homesick for Heaven?" Do you think about what it will be like with no more death, suffering, crying or pain? Do you imagine the peace and joy of living in a place where sin has never and can never touch your life? And do you think about constantly being in the presence of Jesus and walking with Him as He shows you all the glories of Heaven?

Have you ever heard the song "Soon Oh Very Soon?" We are going to see the King, and be with Him forever!

"Lord Jesus, like a little child away at summer camp, I am Homesick for Heaven. Comfort my heart with the calm assurance that You are indeed coming to take me back to be with You forever! And may that Day come "Soon Oh Very Soon." Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment