Friday, April 29, 2016

Breathe in the Heart of God!


I pray that God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ will be kind to you and will bless you with peace!  Every time I think of you, I thank my God.  And whenever I mention you in my prayers, it makes me happy.  This is because you have taken part with me in spreading the good news from the first day you heard about it.  God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns.  You have a special place in my heart. So it is only natural for me to feel the way I do. All of you have helped in the work that God has given me, as I defend the good news and tell about it here in jail.  God himself knows how much I want to see you. He knows that I care for you in the same way that Christ Jesus does.  I pray that your love will keep on growing and that you will fully know and understand how to make the right choices. Then you will still be pure and innocent when Christ returns. And until that day, Jesus Christ will keep you busy doing good deeds that bring glory and praise to God.

Philippians 1:2-11

Every time the Apostle Paul thought of the Philippians he prayed.  Prayer was like breathing for the man who met Jesus on the road to Damascus!   He would breathe out the concerns of his heart and breathe in the Heart of God!  

You can only hold your breath for a few minutes until you will pass out and lose consciousness.  And you can only go for a short period of time without praying.  If you don’t pray you will lose spiritual consciousness!

For a Christian, prayer is life itself!  When you feel a need of any kind you lay it before the Father.  When a question fills your heart you present it to God.  When you need an answer you look to Jesus, who walked this very road as He lived on earth. 

Many times a day a husband and wife communicate with each other.  It may be a word, a look, a touch or a kiss.  Those things and many more are what prayer is between a follower of Jesus and the Father!  


“Lord Jesus, show me more today of what it means to pray without ceasing!  And may You be praised forever, Amen!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment