Sunday, April 10, 2016

Confession and Revival!



Click here to listen to blog 

On the twenty-fourth day of the seventh month, the people of Israel went without eating, and they dressed in sackcloth and threw dirt on their heads to show their sorrow.  They refused to let foreigners join them, as they met to confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors.  For three hours they stood and listened to the Law of the Lord their God, and then for the next three hours they confessed their sins and worshiped the Lord.

Nehemiah 9:1-3


When revival comes, so does confession of sins.  That is a sure sign that things are about to change and what you are seeing is not just an emotional response to conviction of guilt.   When you are overwhelmed by the presence of God in your life and you see clearly how sinful you have been, there is little hesitation in confessing those sins before other Christians. 

But why did the people in Nehemiah 9 confess the sins of their ancestors?  You see unless I recognize the sins of my fathers, the very lifestyle they passed on to me will lead me to repeat those sins in my life!  In no way does it dishonor my earthly father to recognize his temptations and be warned not to repeat them!

If you desire "revival" in your life and those around you, don't forget that confessing your sins will be the sign that it is real!

"Lord Jesus, You said that all men have sinned and that includes me.  I declare once again that all my righteousness comes from You and You alone.  May You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment