Wednesday, April 20, 2016

God Crushed My Bones!


Click here to listen to blog 

I have suffered much because God was angry.  He chased me into a dark place, where no light could enter.  I am the only one he punishes over and over again, without ever stopping. God caused my skin and flesh to waste away, and he crushed my bones.  He attacked and surrounded me with hardships and trouble.

Lamentations 3:1-5


Jeremiah reminds us that everyone's life is filled with trouble!

Last week I broke a bone in my finger.  Actually I crushed a bone!  The doctor told me that when you break a bone it is a somewhat simple process to put it back in place and hold it there for a few weeks and it will knit back together, perhaps as good as new.  But when you crush a bone, it will still heal but there will be lasting consequences.  When a bone is crushed the flesh around the bone is also mangled and torn.  There is then the serious danger of infection.  And when a crushed finger heals it is almost always stiff and has limited mobility!  So, for the rest of my life I will remember the day I crushed my bone!

If God has crushed the bone that surrounds your heart it is the same.  It will heal, but you will always remember that the strong hand of God has touched you.

God is indeed a loving Father, but He is willing to let us suffer so that we will turn our hard hearts toward Him and be ready for Jesus when He returns!

"Lord Jesus, crush the bones in my life that need to be broken, so that my heart will always be submitted to your will!  May You, Jesus be praised forever, Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment