Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Beyond Belief and Into Faith!




"Now we see how God does make us acceptable to him. The Law and the Prophets tell how we become acceptable, and it isn't by obeying the Law of Moses.  God treats everyone alike. He accepts people only because they have faith in Jesus Christ.  All of us have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.  But God treats us much better than we deserve, and because of Christ Jesus, he freely accepts us and sets us free from our sins. God sent Christ to be our sacrifice. Christ offered his life's blood, so by faith in him we could come to God. And God did this to show that in the past he was right to be patient and forgive sinners. This also shows that God is right when he accepts people who have faith in Jesus."

Romans 3:21-26

Men and women are able to stand clean before God because they have faith in Jesus Christ.  What does it mean to have “faith” in Jesus?  When I was a child I thought that “faith” in Jesus meant that you believed that He was the Son of God and that He came to this earth and died on the Cross.  But you see, you can be a “believer” without having any faith in Jesus.  

I believe in parachutes.  I believe that they exist and that many people jump out of airplanes with a parachute folded into a pack on their back and safely reach the ground.  I have no doubt that parachutes work, but I do not have any faith in parachutes!  I am not willing to trust my life to a piece of silk!

Many people believe in Jesus and their doctrines are absolutely correct, but they refuse to trust Him with their lives!  There is a huge difference in believing in parachutes and in jumping out of an airplane while wearing one.  There is that same kind of difference between those who believe in Jesus and those who trust Him with their lives every day.  

If you are a believer, that is good, but belief alone will not save you.  It is only when you have faith in Jesus Christ that He has promised to save you!  So then, ask yourself and answer honestly, “Do I have faith or just believe?”  When someone tells you that they believe in Jesus, remember that is only step one of a right relationship with Jesus!


“Lord Jesus, help me today to step beyond belief into the realm of Faith. I know that You desire more than belief.   May I trust Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment