Thursday, May 18, 2017

It is All His Plan!




Then the king will say to those on his right, "My father has blessed you! Come and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created.  When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me."  Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink?  When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?"  The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me."

Matthew 25: 34 - 40

When Jesus sees one of His children reach out to and minister to one of His other children He is blessed!  Could the Lord minister to us, relieve all our pain and cure all our illnesses without the help of anyone else at all?   Well, of course He could.  Then why does He desire that we bless His other children by serving their needs?  

It is all part of His plan to make us into the image of Jesus Himself!  When we suffer we begin to understand the suffering of Jesus!  When you trust God, like Jesus you will see His miraculous power applied to situations you encounter each day.  When you learn about the life of Jesus on this earth you will come to understand the life that He expects you to live this side of Heaven! 

If your life, as a follower of Jesus is filled only with blessings and never with suffer and pain, you should seek His face and make sure you are walking according to His will!  The image of Jesus on this earth is not one of an easy life and the praise of men.  

So we learn here below how to suffer like Jesus did and how to minister to others who are suffering!  It is all a part of preparing to live with Jesus in Heaven forever!


“Lord Jesus, teach me more today about what it means to be like You!  May Your Name be praised now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment