Tuesday, May 2, 2017

You Have Everything!




Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ.  All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.  I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize.  My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead.  I run toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.

Philippians 3: 8 - 14

Nothing is as wonderful, here on this earth as knowing Jesus Christ my Lord!  There are many wonderful and amazing things on this earth.  There are glorious mountains and grand valleys.  And don’t forget the spectacular oceans and seas.  As I am writing these words, I am listening to a recording of the sound of waves on the shore of the ocean.  It calms my mind to hear the  gentle touch it makes on the beach!

But the most amazing and wonderful of all the things in the world is the God given ability for a man or woman to know Jesus Christ!   If you have everything in the world, but don’t know Jesus, then you really have nothing.  If you have nothing in this world, but you do know Jesus, then you indeed have everything!

Let go of things that pull you away from Jesus, and hold tightly to those things that keep you close to Him!  Let nothing separate you from the Love of Christ!


“Lord Jesus, I want to know You better today than ever before.  Let me see again how amazing and wonderful it is just to know You, my Lord.  Praise Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment