Saturday, July 15, 2017

God's Long Term Project!




I pray that God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ will be kind to you and will bless you with peace!  Every time I think of you, I thank my God.  And whenever I mention you in my prayers, it makes me happy.  This is because you have taken part with me in spreading the good news from the first day you heard about it.  God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns.

Philippians 1: 2 - 6

I like short term projects.  I can start and finish something, even the same day.  Then, I can move on to something else.  And God certainly has many “short term projects” for His children.  A cup of cold water given to a thirsty person can be done quickly, but as the scriptures say it can have an eternal impact.  

Sometimes the Holy Spirit will lead you to speak a word of encouragement to someone who needs it, and you never know why.  There are many such opportunities in the life of a follower of Jesus.  

I know though that life itself is a “long term experience.”   From the day that God created Adam until the day the “Second Adam” returns to claim His Bride, God has been working His will on Planet Earth.  God has a plan and He will perfectly execute that plan. Your life is part of that plan!

Human existence is like a giant jig saw puzzle and you are one piece of that picture. 

So yes, there are many short term projects as a follower of Jesus, but they are all part of the very long term project of preparing a Bride for Jesus Christ.


“Lord Jesus, help me to see today that everything You lead me to do is part of the plan You have for making Your Bride ready for Your return!  Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever!  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment