Saturday, February 8, 2020

Key to Eternity



Click here to listen to blog

The men who had carried the twelve rocks from the Jordan brought them to Joshua, and they made them into a monument.  Then Joshua told the people: Years from now your children will ask you why these rocks are here.  Tell them, “The Lord our God dried up the Jordan River so we could walk across. He did the same thing here for us that he did for our people at the Red Sea, because he wants everyone on earth to know how powerful he is. And he wants us to worship only him.”

Joshua 4:20-24 - CEV

When the Children of Israel escaped from Egypt the Lord did not tell them to set up a memorial.  But when they entered the Promised Land 40 years later He told them to use 12 large stones from the Jordan River to set up a monument.

Somewhere in my yard is a small rock that really is not a rock.  It is molded plastic made to look like a rock with a small door on the bottom.  Inside that "rock" is a key to my house.  If I lose my keys or even accidentally lock myself out of the house I can find the "rock" and get back inside the safety of my home.

Jesus is the Stone that holds the key to my life!  In Jesus I find eternal peace and safety.  When I realize that I am lost I run to Jesus who is the Rock that holds the key to everything!  

The Israelites set up 12 stones as a memorial when they crossed into the Promised Land.  But for your journey into the Promised Land of Heaven you only need one stone!  And that stone is Jesus!

"Lord Jesus, remind me again today that all I need to enter the Promised Land is You.  In You, Jesus I find the Key to Eternity!  May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."  


No comments:

Post a Comment