Monday, February 17, 2020

Powerful and Kind




Click here to listen to blog

Trust God, my friends, and always tell him each one of your concerns. God is our place of safety.  We humans are only a breath; none of us are truly great. All of us together weigh less than a puff of air.  Don't trust in violence or depend on dishonesty or rely on great wealth.  I heard God say two things: “I am powerful, and I am very kind.” The Lord rewards each of us according to what we do. 

Psalms 62:8-12 - CEVUK

Asking God to give you something is only one aspect of prayer.  There is much more.  I believe those who follow Jesus should fill each day with frequent times of telling God "each one of your concerns."  

Satan wants us to let our "issues" lead to worry and gossip instead of pouring our hearts out to God.  When we tell God about the turmoil in our hearts His response is: “I am powerful, and I am very kind.”   

The truth is, God is the only One who can fix everything that troubles you!  When you sincerely desire to honor God and be an obedient follower of His, you can know for certain that His response to your problems will be powerful and kind! 

There is much more to say about prayer!  But for sure, prayer should fill every waking moment of every day!  Offer up to God every situation in your life and let Him apply His power and kindness to all that concerns you!

"Lord Jesus, may I go to bed every night with You in my heart and wake every morning with You on my mind.  May Your Name be praised now and forever.  Amen." 






No comments:

Post a Comment