Thursday, February 13, 2020

What Christ is Thinking




Click here to listen to blog

But God has given us his Spirit. That's why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. That's also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us.  Every word we speak was taught to us by God's Spirit, not by human wisdom. And this same Spirit helps us teach spiritual things to spiritual people.  That's why only someone who has God's Spirit can understand spiritual blessings. Anyone who doesn't have God's Spirit thinks these blessings are foolish.  People who are guided by the Spirit can make all kinds of judgments, but they cannot be judged by others.  The Scriptures ask, “Has anyone ever known the thoughts of the Lord or given him advice?” But we understand what Christ is thinking.

1 Corinthians 2:12-16 - CEVUK

My wife and I have been married for more than 50 years!  It has been, and continues to be an adventure in learning to understand the mind of our mate!  In her ability to think, she is strong where I am weak.  She hears things that never register in my mind.  She sees much that I have no innate ability to see.  I continue to be intrigued with her attraction to accomplish tasks that for me seem impossible!  But the longer I know her the more I know of how she thinks!

The mind of Jesus Christ is impossible for the world to understand!  They cannot know what Jesus thinks about anything.  In fact, the thoughts of God seem to be only foolishness to those who have not invited Jesus into their hearts!  But when we give ourselves to Jesus, the Holy Spirit helps us to understand what Christ is thinking!  Then everything around us and even beyond us begins to make sense.  

Before you have faith in Jesus you are blind to the thoughts of God, but with faith comes eyes able to see and know the Mind of Christ. 

"Lord Jesus, help me today to see everything around me the way You see it.  And Lord, give me the ability to know what You are thinking!  May Your Holy and Righteous Name be praised now and forever.  Amen." 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment