Friday, October 28, 2011

Jesus Talks to God!

Listen to this blog.

“I am on my way to you. But I say these things while I am still in the world, so that my followers will have the same complete joy that I do.  I have told them your message. But the people of this world hate them, because they don’t belong to this world, just as I don’t.  Father, I don’t ask you to take my followers out of the world, but keep them safe from the evil one. They don’t belong to this world, and neither do I. Your word is the truth. So let this truth make them completely yours. I am sending them into the world, just as you sent me.”

John 17:13-18

I remember when I was a little boy falling asleep listening to the voices of my parents in the other room. I have no recollection of anything they said, but the sound of their voices is still a clear memory. It was incredibly comforting and it let me know that all is well.

John 17 is a most amazing chapter in the Bible. We are allowed to listen to Jesus talking to the Father in Heaven. I really think these are the most intimate Words in the entire Bible.

Jesus is talking to God about you and me. Jesus wants us to have the same joy that He has. How amazing is that? The Joy of the Son of God flowing through my veins is beyond my comprehension. I am not only to be like Jesus, I am to FEEL LIKE JESUS!

Then Jesus tells God that we are hated, not for what we do or say, but rather for what we are. We are foreigners. After you turn your heart over to Jesus you are no longer from this world. We are hated because we don't belong here anymore.

The final verse of this section states an almost unfathomable truth. Jesus is sending us into the world just like God sent Him into the world! Jesus is not just an example for us to imitate. Jesus is a prototype. He was the first and His followers do what He did. It makes taking up your cross more than just symbolism!

Read all of John 17 and listen to Jesus talking to God about you and about me. And you can rest assured that Jesus is still talking to the Father about us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment