Friday, October 7, 2011

Secret Love!

Listen to this blog.


Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.

1 John 2:15

On August 5, 1953 Doris Day recorded a, soon to be very popular song called "Secret Love." The song was a great success and has been recorded by many artists over the years. The song may have been new in the 1950's but the concept of a "Secret Love" certainly was not.

When your love is a secret because you are a shy young man waiting and looking for the right young woman with whom to share your life, it is exciting and wonderful. But when your love is a secret because it is a forbidden love, then life becomes a tangled web of deceit and misery.

Some followers of Jesus Christ are shy and are afraid to tell the world that they love Jesus. They don't love the world, but they lack the courage to be bold about their love of Jesus.

And many followers of Jesus secretly love the world instead of Jesus. Here is the hard truth. If you love the world or anything in the world then you do not love Jesus. You can't love Jesus and the world at the same time. All my hope, faith, trust and desire must be focused on Jesus and Jesus alone.

"Lord, please show me if I have a Secret Love that is keeping my heart from You. Like Abraham put his son Isaac on the altar at Your command, I take my Secret love and all my secrets and lay them at Your feet. And Lord may my love for You never be a secret again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment