Thursday, July 19, 2012

God Helped Me!

Click here to listen to blog.

When you become successful, don't say, “I'm rich, and I've earned it all myself.”

Instead, remember that the [Lord] your God gives you the strength to make a living. That's how he keeps the promise he made to your ancestors.

But I'm warning you—if you forget the [Lord] your God and worship other gods, the [Lord] will destroy you, just as he destroyed the nations you fought.

Deuteronomy 8:17-20

There is an active controversy going on in the United States about how people become successful in business. One side says that everyone owes their success to some other person or to the government, while the rugged individualist American says "I built that business all by myself!"

The outcome of a Presidential election may rest on the resolution of the issue as voters take sides and listen to commentators tell them what they should think.

I will not be surprised if I hear these verses from Deuteronomy 8 quoted as the debate rages on. But truthfully, both sides have missed the mark. You can be successful without the help of any other human being or government, but you cannot succeed without Divine support. Remember that God gave you strength to make a living and be a success! Without God you would not be able to draw your next breath.

Every successful man who denies God will suffer the consequences. Give credit to God for your success and He will reward you with blessings beyond your fondest imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment