Sunday, July 29, 2012

Marry a Woman!

Click Here to Listen to this Blog

The Lord God said, “It isn't good for the man to live alone. I need to make a suitable partner for him.”

So the Lord took some soil and made animals and birds. He brought them to the man to see what names he would giveof them. Then the man named the tame animals and the birds and the wild animals. That's how they got their names. None of these was the right kind of partner for the man. So the Lord God made him fall into a deep sleep, and he took out one of the man's ribs. Then after closing the man's side, the Lord made a woman out of the rib.

The Lord God brought her to the man, and the man exclaimed,
“Here is someone like me!
She is part of my body,
my own flesh and bones.
She came from me, a man.
So I will name her Woman!”

That's why a man will leave his own father and mother. He marries a woman, and the two of them become like one person.

Genesis 2:18-24

When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden it was because they believed the lie of Satan and rejected the Word of God. God had said that eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil would cause them to die. Satan told them that God was lying. We all need to understand that believing a lie always has consequences.

God says that marriage is something that happens between a man and a woman. Satan says that is a lie.

When my children were small and one of them would say "I love that car," another child would taunt by asking this: "Why don't you marry it!" It was foolishness and they are knew it, but they thought it was fun for the moment.

When the world talks about a man marrying anyone or anything other than a woman it is also foolishness. God created us to breathe air. How foolish it would be to decide that I will no longer breathe air, but instead I will breathe water like a fish. God created man to need sleep every day. What if I were to decide that God was wrong and I will never sleep again? You may miss a night or two of sleep, but if you do it long enough you will die because God made you to need sleep.

Marriage is just one of the areas where Satan is lying about God's truth. Look for others and be alert!

"Lord, how foolish of me to question Your Word. You speak truth with every breath you take. You are the standard by which everything and everyone is judged. Lord, show me and help me to see the lies of Satan that I have accepted in my heart and then flood my heart and mind with Your Word that I may be everything You created me to be! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment