Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wake of Obedience!

Click here to listen

If you love me, you will do what I have said, and my Father will love you. I will also love you and show you what I am like.

The other Judas, not Judas Iscariot,  then spoke up and asked, “Lord, what do you mean by saying that you will show us what you are like, but you will not show the people of this world?”

Jesus replied:
If anyone loves me, they will obey me. Then my Father will love them, and we will come to them and live in them.

But anyone who doesn't love me, won't obey me. What they have heard me say doesn't really come from me, but from the Father who sent me.

John 14:21-24

Love is revealed by your actions. When a young man loves a young woman he will do something everyday because of that love. And it doesn't take long for those around him to see it.

The works that you do because of your love for Jesus are the window into your heart.

Sometimes we try to dissect our relationship with Jesus and say that our works are "not essential." We are saved by faith you know and not by works. Of course our works are not the reason for our relationship with Jesus, but there is no real relationship with Jesus without a wake of obedience following behind.

"Lord, what can I do for You today? Is there something, anything that would please You that I have the strength or You will give me the strength to do? I know Lord that You could do it for yourself, but may I have the privilege of obeying You and making You smile today? And Lord, all I ask is that You let me see Your smile! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment