Thursday, October 18, 2012

Run Back to Jesus!

Only God gives inward peace,

and I depend on him.

God alone is the mighty rock

that keeps me safe,

and he is the fortress

where I feel secure.

God saves me and honors me.

He is that mighty rock

where I find safety.

Trust God, my friends,

and always tell him

each of your concerns.

God is our place of safety.

We humans are only a breath;

none of us are truly great.

All of us together weigh less

than a puff of air.

Don't trust in violence

or depend on dishonesty

or rely on great wealth.

I heard God say two things:

“I am powerful,

and I am very kind.”

The Lord rewards each of us

according to what we do.

Psalm 62:5-12

If you have a storm shelter when the clouds of trouble are building you can be at peace and know that you will be able to emerge on the other side of the trouble safe and secure. But the shelter itself must be able to withstand the storm or it will blow away and you will be destroyed.

Jesus Christ is the only storm shelter that will never fail. Like a foolish man we step out into the storm and try to stay close enough to the place of refuge so we can run back inside at the last minute.  The problem we have is sin.  We want to be able to touch it, taste it and enjoy it, but then run back inside before we are burned by it.  

Remember, that the return of Jesus  Christ or the end of your life on earth will be in the twinkling of an eye!  One minute you will be playing your game of trying to live in the world and in Christ and then without warning it will be over!  There will be no time to repent when time itself comes to an end!  

"Lord Jesus, I come running back to your arms now.  Forgive me Lord for letting the world pull me away from You.  Shelter me from the storm and give me the inward peace that only comes from You.  In the Name of Jesus, Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment