Friday, October 12, 2012

Safe in the Arms!

Click here to listen to blog

Only you, LORD,

are a mighty rock!

Don't refuse to help me

when I pray.

If you don't answer me,

I will soon be dead.

Please listen to my prayer

and my cry for help,

as I lift my hands

toward your holy temple.

Don't drag me away, LORD,

with those cruel people,

who speak kind words,

while planning trouble.

Treat them as they deserve!

Punish them for their sins.

They don't pay any attention

to your wonderful deeds.

Now you will destroy them

and leave them in ruin.

I praise you, LORD,

for answering my prayers.

You are my strong shield,

and I trust you completely.

You have helped me,

and I will celebrate

and thank you in song.

8You give strength

to your people, LORD,

and you save and protect

your chosen ones.

9Come save us and bless us.

Be our shepherd and always

carry us in your arms.

Psalm 28

There is an old church song that begins with the line: "When we walk with the Lord. . ."  Walking with Jesus is a good thing and if you are going to walk, it is the only way to go.  But there is something better.  

"Better than walking with Jesus?" You ask!

Yes, when you walk with Jesus you can still stumble, but when Jesus carries you in His arms you are safe and secure.  

There is another old hymn that says, "Safe in the arms of Jesus,

Safe on His gentle breast

There by His love, o'ershaded

Sweetly my soul shall rest!"

"Lord, today I need to ride in Your arms.  Walking has become so hard and I stumble every day.  Pick me up Lord and carry me in Your arms so I can rest from the storms of this life.  Amen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment