Saturday, October 6, 2012

Whole Life Testimony

Click here to listen to blog

It is just as God says in the Scriptures, “Look! I am placing in Zion a choice and precious cornerstone. No one who has faith in this one will be disappointed.”

You are followers of the Lord, and this stone is precious to you. But it isn't precious to those who refuse to follow him. They are the builders who tossed aside the stone that turned out to be the most important one of all. 

They disobeyed the message and stumbled and fell over this stone, because they were doomed.

But you are God's chosen and special people. You are a group of royal priests and a holy nation. God has brought you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Now you must tell all the wonderful things he has done. The Scriptures say,

“Once you were nobody.

Now you are God's people.

At one time no one

had mercy on you.

Now God has treated you

with kindness.”

1 Peter 2:6-10

If you build your life with Jesus as the Corner Stone and follow Him the finished product will be magnificent. Jesus is the "secret ingredient" that changes the flavor of your daily walk into an amazing gourmet meal.

Now you must tell all the wonderful things He has done!

When a man or woman gives a "testimony" it is usually about how their relationship with Jesus began. That is so incomplete! I met my wife about 48 years ago and that moment when I came face to face with her for the first time was significant and memorable, but my testimony about our relationship goes on to include 45 years of marriage and six children. We rejoiced together, prayed together, cried and suffered as one. There are more stories than I can tell and hopefully many more to come!

My testimony about Jesus only began the day I met Him. It has gone on for more than 50 years and is still getting sweeter every day!

I expect the best day of my marriage to be today and I believe that the best day of my walk with Jesus will also be today.

"Lord, open my eyes to the beauty of my relationship with You. May this day be the best day of my life with You, Jesus. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment