Monday, October 22, 2012

Shield of Truth!

Click here to listen to blog

Everything God says is true—

and it's a shield for all

who come to him for safety.

Don't change what God has said!

He will correct you and show

that you are a liar.

There are two things, Lord,

I want you to do for me

before I die:

Make me absolutely honest

and don't let me be too poor

or too rich.

Give me just what I need.

If I have too much to eat,

I might forget about you;

if I don't have enough,

I might steal

and disgrace your name.

Proverbs 30:5-9

When you change the Word of God you become a liar.

Truth is whatever God says and a lie is any utterance that contradicts God's Word. By that definition truth is a higher standard than we might have imagined.

The heart of fallen man wants to be the standard of truth instead of God.

If you ask God to show you how your own heart is abandoning truth and recklessly trying to establish itself as the measure of what is right, you will be shocked at what you see. It is so easy to take what God has said and add just a word or two that makes it "more to my liking." We want to embellish the truth to make it better establish our own opinions.

"Lord, make me absolutely honest. Show me how I have changed what You have said into a lie. And may the shield of Your True Word keep me safe forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment