Sunday, December 7, 2014

Can You be an Angry Christian?

Click here to listen to blog

After this, I looked at the sky and saw something else that was strange and important. Seven angels were bringing the last seven terrible troubles. When these are ended, God will no longer be angry.

Revelation 15:1

The Love of God is amazing and overwhelming. There is no love like God's love! But the anger of God is to be feared!


Years ago I was a radio talk show host. I would display outrage and anger about injustices and even evil things going on in our world. There were some who told me that if I was really a Christian then I would not be angry. They believed that Christians should sit peacefully and passively by while evil rages around them and never be outraged or angry.


The problem with that is that we are also told to be like Jesus. Jesus overturned the tables in the temple and even used a whip to drive out the money changers! If that were today, He would have been charged with a crime! The Bible tells me to be angry and sin not. It does not tell me not to be angry.


If you want to be like Jesus, you will not sin, but you will also, if you are like Jesus be angry! The goal of an "angry Christian" is to avoid sin, not to avoid breaking a law or rule of men. If you must break a law to be like Jesus, then break it, but you will never have to sin in order to be like the Lord!


"Lord Jesus, I do want to be like You. Show me when to be angry and when not to be angry. But Lord, when I am angry help me not to sin! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment