Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Humor of Heaven!

Click here to listen to blog

Moses used to set up a tent far from camp. He called it the “meeting tent,” and whoever needed some message from the Lord would go there.  Each time Moses went out to this tent, everyone would stand at the entrance to their own tents and watch him enter.  Then they would bow down because a thick cloud would come down in front of the tent, and the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, just like a friend. Afterwards, Moses would return to camp, but his young assistant Joshua would stay at the tent.

Exodus 33:7-11

What do friends talk about?  Moses talked to God like he would talk to a friend.  Communication between friends is characterized by the whole spectrum of topics. 

You can certainly speak with a friend about important matters, but you can also, and I often do speak to a friend about the mundane things of this world.  When I speak with a friend a little humor often comes in to the conversation.  And sometimes a friend will chastise me and I take no offense. 

Are there things in your life that you don't discuss with God?  Do you speak with God as the Mighty Ruler of Heaven and Earth, but not as you would a dear friend?  Remember God created even the smallest plant or insect.  He designed every living thing on earth and even the things that are not living. If you were an artist would you not be interested if someone commented on one of your "creations"?

Now here is something that I struggle with.  God created man with the ability to laugh.  I believe God has a sense of humor.  In fact, I think He is the Author of humor!  Monkeys are not the only animals that make me laugh!  Who can resist the infectious laugh of a baby?  If God is your friend He will not only cry with you, but God will laugh! 

Even as it is better if someone cries with you when you are sad, it is also better not to laugh alone! 

"Jesus, thank You Lord for sharing my sorrow, pain and suffering.  But Lord I want to be Your friend and share everything that being Your friend means, so I also want to laugh with You.  Show me something today that You think is "funny."  Touch my heart with the Humor of Heaven!  And may You be praised forever!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment