Thursday, August 18, 2016

Uncomfortable Spirit!




The Lord said:
The time will surely come when I will make a new agreement with the people of Israel and Judah. It will be different from the agreement I made with their ancestors when I led them out of Egypt. Although I was their God, they broke that agreement. Here is the new agreement that I, the Lord, will make with the people of Israel:

“I will write my laws on their hearts and minds. I will be their God, and they will be my people.  No longer will they have to teach one another to obey me. I, the Lord, promise that all of them will obey me, ordinary people and rulers alike. I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done.”

Jeremiah 31:31-34

When the Holy Spirit is living in your heart, the laws of God are written on that heart and on your mind.  Then, knowing the right thing to do when you have two options is usually obvious.  One option is clearly consistent with the Holy Spirit living in your heart and the other one is not.  

I think most people know what a “restless spirit” is when it comes to your own life.  When you are not comfortable in your situation you become disturbed and desire a change.  But when the Holy Spirit is the restless Spirit in your heart, you become keenly aware that something about your actions or direction in life is wrong!  The Holy Spirit desires that you change your actions or direction.  

Following Jesus does not consist of your being obedient to a set of rules that you find in a Book.  If you are a disciple of Christ you chart your course according to the laws of God that He has written on your heart and mind.  And, by the way they are also in the Book!


“Lord Jesus, help me today to make the Holy Spirit comfortable in my heart.  May my heart and mind be available for You to write Your will in my life.  May You, Jesus be praised forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment