Saturday, February 10, 2018

God Appointments!



Click here to listen to blog

The woman said, "I know that the Messiah will come. He is the one we call Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."  "I am that one," Jesus told her, "and I am speaking to you now."  The disciples returned about this time and were surprised to find Jesus talking with a woman. But none of them asked him what he wanted or why he was talking with her.  The woman left her water jar and ran back into town. She said to the people, "Come and see a man who told me everything I have ever done! Could he be the Messiah?"  Everyone in town went out to see Jesus.  While this was happening, Jesus' disciples were saying to him, "Teacher, please eat something."  But Jesus told them, "I have food that you don't know anything about."  His disciples started asking each other, "Has someone brought him something to eat?"  Jesus said: My food is to do what God wants! He is the one who sent me, and I must finish the work that he gave me to do.

John 4: 25 - 34

For Jesus, doing the will of God was like eating food when you are hungry.  While His disciples had gone into town to buy food Jesus was having a "God Appointment" with a woman from Samaria.  When God orchestrates His will to intersect with the ordinary events of your day you have an opportunity to have a "God Appointment" and experience the satisfying of a most amazing Holy Hunger!  

Are you hungry to do the Will of God?  Do you seek at every moment of your life to do the thing that God has planned for that specific time?  Do you believe that every minute of your day has a God inspired opportunity for you to do His Will?  

If you believe those things, then your day becomes an amazing adventure of looking for the "God Appointments."  Is the person working at the checkout counter waiting for you to say just one word of encouragement that will draw them closer to Jesus?  Is there a note or text message or email that you can write which will accomplish something for God?  Whatever happens during your day may be and probably is an open door for you to walk in the steps of Jesus.

"Lord Jesus open my eyes to see the "Samaritan woman" in my life today.  Fill me up with the food of doing Your Will in everything that happens.  And may Your Holy Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."   

No comments:

Post a Comment