Friday, February 1, 2019

A Frightening Parallel





Click here to listen to blog

God said, "Ezekiel, do you see what horrible things Israel's leaders are doing in secret? They have filled their rooms with idols. And they say I can't see them, because they think I have already deserted Israel.  But I will show you something even worse than this."  He took me to the north gate of the temple, where I saw women mourning for the god Tammuz.  God asked me, "Can you believe what these women are doing? But now I want to show you something worse."  I was then led into the temple's inner courtyard, where I saw about twenty-five men standing near the entrance, between the porch and the altar. Their backs were to the LORD's temple, and they were bowing down to the rising sun.  God said, "Ezekiel, it's bad enough that the people of Judah are doing these disgusting things. But they have also spread violence and injustice everywhere in Israel and have made me very angry. They have disgraced and insulted me in the worst possible way.  So in my fierce anger, I will punish them without mercy and refuse to help them when they cry out to me."

Ezekiel 8:12-18

Aren't you glad that you did not live in Israel when God told Ezekiel how bad it was going to be because of their national sins!

"God's chosen people" decided to turn away from God and worship idols while they engaged in all kinds of behavior that God hated! God's response was to say, "I will punish them without mercy and refuse to help them when they cry out to me."

There is a frightening parallel today with the nation who printed "In God We Trust" on their money and then proceeded to turn away from recognizing Him in any way.  

There have now been joyful celebrations because in at least one State it is now legal to abort a baby even one second before the baby is to be born! Also, the press secretary to the President of that country said that God's will may have been involved in the President being elected.  The reaction has been a national roar of laughter that anyone would think that God would care!

I don't know how to say this with enough seriousness!  God still cares when He is ignored, ridiculed, mocked and disobeyed!  God cares when men and women turn from faith in Him and run toward the "pleasures" of this world.  And God still has the power to meet out His judgment on any nation that rebels against Him.  

Printing "In God We Trust" on the currency of a nation and then celebrating the slaughter of the children of that country cannot go unnoticed by God!

Pray for Revival and let the fire begin in your heart!

"Lord Jesus, the Day of Your Return is closer now than ever before!  May we refuse to wander back into the world as we wait to see Your Holy Face.  Praise Your Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment